Technical Sales Engineer Energy Management Systems (EMS)
Location: West Orange, NJ
Company: Emacx Systems, Inc.
Legal Status: US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Our growing Demand Side Management and Microgrid Solutions company needs the skills and expertise of an experienced and motivated Technical Sales Engineer for Energy Management Systems sales. The successful candidate will be a major factor in increasing our revenue and help position us as the leading Demand Side Management and Microgrid solutions company. We are looking for a creative, goal oriented professional who can both take and give direction. He or she will work closely with our President to achieve the desired sales goals and metrics.
Principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes new accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales.
- Maintains and supports existing customer relationships.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of projects; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Assists in customer proposal preparation; presents proposal to customer, leads contract negotiation and order closure
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accomplishment of annual sales order goal
- Minimum of 5 years in technical sales with proven track record.
- College/University degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or related technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Selling to customer needs.
- Good presentations skills.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and building controls.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt and perform in a fast moving and often changing environment.
- Passionate about energy efficiency, energy management, and green technologies.
- Great team player.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.